CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 27, 2008

My kids!


See! I told you I have other kids! They definitely keep us on our toes, but we love them to death. It was quite a struggle for us to get them all together and somewhat looking at the camera. Brylee wanted nothing to do with it and kept trying to get away. Anyway, our 2 oldest had the opportunity of attending Pres. Hinckley's viewing. They both said they felt the spirit and it was worth every minute of the 3 hour wait. I would've loved to have been there! His funeral was so perfect! I cried the entire time, not for him, but for our loss. It was sad for me to see the 12 apostles and First Presidency without him. I found myself waiting for him to arrive, everyone standing, and the immediate reverence that always seemed to accompany him when he walked into a room. As the funeral progressed and it was repeated how hard his sweet wifes death was on him, I could only imagine their reunion! As they showed the slide show while the closing hymn was sung, I was reminded once again how he always had a smile on his face. In all of those pictures, he never looked tired or in anyway uninterested in where he was and what he was doing. It was said how he was the only prophet of the church that our youth and young adults have known, but I consider him my prophet, too. He took major steps in changing the way the world views us "peculiar people" and he will be missed by everyone who knew him- LDS or not. What a great man! I am so thankful that I could be here to witness all he accomplished and to hear him speak on many occassions about our Savior's Gospel.

2 comments:

Mitchell Family said...

Cute family! I wish I could have gone to the viewing too. And, I wish I could have watched the funeral better. What a neat thing for you kids to remember.

Sonja said...

What a beautiful family you have here! And what a great experience to attend the viewing. I was out of town and missed it all so I appreciated the recap. Thanks!