CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Who made Jesus?


With Jace lately, everything is "why did Jesus make...?". Spiders, snakes (basically the entire food chain), fire, blood (yes, blood. He refers to the heart as a machine or engine- therefore I told him that our blood is kind of like the gas- strange conversation!)- EVERYTHING! He asked me who made Jesus, I told him Heavenly Father, he said who made Heavenly Father (you can tell where this is going), I said His father and changed the subject -way too complicated for a 4 year old (and his mom!). Anyway, when he says the prayer on the food, he asks Heavenly Father to make his food "not hot", so when he's done with his prayer and his food is still hot, he complains "I asked Jesus to make it not hot and he didn't!". I'm always impressed that he understands that when we ask Heavenly Father to do something, he usually has Jesus do it!
One last thing- Jace LOVES skateboards and since we don't have one, he rides everyone elses whenever the opportunity arises. Tanner is one of those kind enough to share his skateboard when Jace is around. Well, Jace got it in his head that Tanner was going to sell his old skateboard to Jace because Tanner got a new one. The other day Jace was coloring something and I asked him who it was for. He said "Tanner" which was strange- he's never colored anything for Tanner before. I asked him what it was and he said "money". I asked him why he was making money and he told me that " Tanner said he would sell me his skateboard so I'm making him some money." SO FUNNY!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a thoughtful little guy. I'm sure Tanner would just love to sell his skateboard for that money. What a cutie!!

The O'Briens said...

He is such a funny kid. I miss him so much. I'm excited for when we come in July.

Janean said...

That is so cute. I just love the cute little things kids say and the million little questions they ask.

Sara said...

WOW! aren't they the smartest? What a funny kid. I love the things kids say.

Unknown said...

Ash...I got to see Kaylee and Logan at Macey's one day...they are both getting so big! It's crazy. It makes me feel so out of touch with the O'Brien family. How I love you guys! I'm so excited for your new house! Can I come visit you when it's all done? I might even store away some ideas for our house, if we ever get to a point that we can build, because I know you have good taste. Anyway, love ya Ash! Take care of those kids! Brylee's a doll!
Nikki

April said...

did you know he brought his new board over for TJ to make it better that it was? He was sooo excited to get it! He is dang good too!