CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hospital, again...


Once again this is Brylee, standing up in her crib just beggin to get out. She had a runny nose on Friday, woke up from her nap with a fever on Saturday, continued fevering until Monday and finally hospitalized on Tuesday morning. She has par influenza 3, which is the same virus she had last year at this time and almost didn't survive. SO SCARY! She's got an IV in her wrist pumping her full of fluids and steroids for her lungs, and is hooked up to monitors and oxygen. This is so hard! They come in every 3+ hours to deep suction her, which means they put a small catheter up her nose and thread it down almost to her stomach and "suck" out all the mucus. Sorry to be so descriptive, but this is what it's like for her. She absolutely hates in and screams the entire time. She is so restless and hasn't at all lost her fiestiness, in spite of feeling so crappy. She wants to walk around and play, but has so many things hooked up to her she can't go too far. Anyway, in spite of all of this, she is a year older than last time and has built up more immunities to this particular virus so we don't expect to end up at Primary's this time. Our wonderful doctor is so on top of this and is pleased with her progress, which to us isn't even noticeable. We hope to be home sometime this weekend. In the meantime, I'm not above soliciting for prayers. This child needs to come home!

5 comments:

Steph said...

Oh my gosh Ashlee, I am so sorry! Poor baby! I can't even begin to imagine how hard this must be on you to see your baby hurting. Saying prayers right now for you guys.

Amy @MoMomma said...

Ashlee... I'm so sad to hear your cutie pie is back in the hospital! We just had to take Austin in for a surgery at Primary's and I hated being there again. Just the sights, smells and sounds of the hospital can make my stomach turn. I'm SOO glad you have such a great Doctor watching out for your little girl! Love ya- Amy

Colten and Melissa Rogers said...

I am so sorry Ashlee... This has to be so hard. I will pray for her and your family. I hope that she does get out this weekend.

Bob and Jenn Peacock said...

You know you always have prayers from me, especially when it comes to Brylee! I hope she gets to come home this weekend!

Unknown said...

Man...I've been missing from the blogging world. I had no idea Brylee was sick again. So sorry. I was thinking about you today maybe thats why. We will keep her in our prayers.