CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 23, 2008

One more time...

So we brought Brylee home from the hospital 2 weeks ago, only to have her admitted AGAIN last week. Sorry to leave you all hangin like that, seeing as how my last post was a couple of weeks ago and at the time she was still in there. Needless to say, she was SUPER sick last Thursday, after being home just a week! Wednesday night was just awful, so I brought her in to Dr. Later the next morning and he basically said just bring her back if she gets worse- probably just another cold. Before I go on, when she was discharged from the hospital the last time he said the worst thing that could happen is for her to get sick again before she's fully recovered from par influenza. She'd also been on steroids, which decreases the bodies immunities and makes her much more susceptible. With that being said, you can imagine my frame of mind when on Thursday afternoon her eyes were red and bulging out of her head from working so hard to breathe. Her heart rate was super high, her nose was dripping, she was fevering and absolutely miserable! We went back to the doctor, he listed to her, and said "you're not going home today". Story of my life! Anyway, he was scared for her, knowing her pattern, and admitted he hadn't seen her that sick in a long time- even with the several most recent hospital stays. He immediately started more steroids, ordered all the tests, started an IV, breathing treatments, etc. In the meantime Jonathan came over and gave her a blessing. In a nutshell, by the time she went to bed, her heart rate was down, her saturation level was up, she slept through the night and the tests all came back negative. We later found out that all the had was rhino-virus- literally a whimpy, common cold. Just a little plug for the priesthood here because she went from being deathly ill to almost fine (with the exception of lots of mucus!) within 2 hours! We came home Sunday, she's till wheezy but doing great! Thanks again to my awesome fam who made sure my kids were taken care of (April even cleaned my house!).

7 comments:

April said...

Thank goodness for the priesthood! She did look worse that day than she has looked in ages! I am glad she is home again.

Cammee said...

We are so blessed to have the priesthood! And Dr. Later, I love him!! I'm glad she is doing better. You are such a great mom and have a wonderful family that are always looking out for each other. You and Brylee are in my prayers.

Steph said...

Wow Ash, I'm glad she is feeling better. Poor baby! Hope you are holding up OK.

Can you email me? I need your email address.
jsbreach@hotmail.com

The O'Briens said...

I hate it when we hear about Brylee being so sick. It makes me feel so bad for her!! I'm so happy she is doing better and that Jonathan is able to be the father she needs him to be. The Priesthood is such an amazing gift and blessing. Love and miss you.

Bob and Jenn Peacock said...

I am glad that she is back home now. :)

Sara said...

Poor baby girl. I am so glad she is doing alot better.

Sonja said...

She is so precious Ashlee. What a cute. I'm so happy she's better. You must have been so worried again. I too am thankful for all the miracles in your life!