CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Smart girl!


I have to tell you all this because it was hilarious! Today, Brylee (who is still in the hospital) was playing in her crib and got her hands on a stethescope. She picked it up, pulled up jer pajama top, and put the round sensor part on her chest. Just seconds later, she found the BBG (which stands for baby booger grabber- no joke!) and stuck it up her nose. Within minutes she had stuck her hand through the bars of the crib and grabbed her nebulizer tubing (for breathing treatments) off the nightstand and held it up under her nose. She then found a tendergrip (the stickers that keep her oxygen in place) on the floor and stuck it on her cheek. Within a 5 minute period Brylee had gone through the whole routine of her many required procedures and treatments! As funny as it was, a part of me was sad that this tiny little girl has been exposed to and knows so much. It's so unfair and I find it hard not to be bitter about her seemingly endless suffering. When I feel this way, I remind myself how lucky I am that ...

1) I have such a great husband who adores our baby as much as I do and is willing to take his turn sleeping at the hospital so I can go home and REALLY sleep!

2) I have an amazing family who is always willing to step up and watch my kids, haul them around, even sit at the hospital (my mom) with Brylee so I can check on my sick kid at home (Jace).

3) My dad works at the hospital and always visits me and brings me food!

4) Modern medicine!

5) A nice, clean, and friendly hospital nearby where the nurses all know and adore my baby and give her the best of care.

6) A pediatrician who is diligent in Brylee's care, honest with me, and takes no chances when it comes to her health.

7) Last, but not least, PRAYER- it's the only way the Robertson's survive!

7 comments:

Steph said...

Is she doing better? Any word on when you'll be home. What a great attitude in such a tough time!

Steph said...

and when things settle down and you get home ... I am making our blog private and want to send you an invite but I'm not certain what email address you use. Can you email it to me at jsbreach@hotmail.com?
Thanks!
Steph

Deb O said...

Brylee is so cute! I'm glad she got to go home today. You're such a great mom and you hold up great under all this stress. I admire you and love you, Jonathan and all your family so much. God bless, mom

April said...

I was so glad to have her here today to play and "swim"! She(and you) has to be so glad to be out of there! You do a great job getting through all these trials! I know she is so worth it!

Lyric Payne said...

I am so sorry to hear about Brylee...again. I wish I would have known when I talked to you on the phone today. Payne prayers are being said.

Bob and Jenn Peacock said...

She is such a smart girl! And you are a fantastic mom! Give her a big get well hug from nurse Jenn.

Mitchell Family said...

That is so hilarious!!! She cracks me up. What a doll. But how sad that she knows all that.