CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Another SLOW day!

Are you seeing a pattern here? If you haven't already guessed I am once again at the furniture store. I've already rearranged all the furniture I can manage on my own, as well as the accessories and it's only noon! What better time to blog?! I wanted to take a minute and thank all my fellow bloggers. I could read your blogs all day long and never get bored! It's a good thing because I've got LOADS of time today. Anyway, you really inspire me! Some of you are so open and honest, as well as clever and funny. I learn so much from you and about you. Whoever thought of "blogging" was brilliant!
OK, so I have to copy a friend whose post I just read on gratitude (thanks Melissa!). I'm realizing that lately I've spent a lot of time complaining, which is obviously the sign of an ingrate, and I need to change that. Of course I've had many tough times and experienced things I would've never thought I could handle- Brylee's many hospital stays, for starters. You probably have, too, but I emphasize the word "thought" because we handled it! Although sometimes our trials are big things, it's the little things we (I) deal with daily that can bring us down to the "ungrateful" category. Example- KIDS! They are my biggest blessing and biggest challenge, but I wouldn't change a thing. OK, I could do with less whining and fighting and saying things just once, but I love them all to death. There are people out there who would give anything to have the blessing of children- I have 4 and I complain! Yes, it's hard, and yes, I'm entitled to be frustrated sometimes, as long as I can remain grateful and always let my kids and my Heavenly Father know how much I love being their mom.
Anyway, my life is filled with many wonderful people who have influenced me in such a positive way! I am so thankful for my family. My husband is so good and has sacrificed so much for me by living in Utah. This is a HUGE deal because he absolutely hates the weather and misses his family a lot. He's a very hard worker, is super talented, and absolutely adores our children. Most of all he has taken me to the temple and honors his priesthood. I have parents who have loved and supported me my entire life. Never have they been critical of me or caused me to doubt myself and my abilities. They've been "valiant" in their testimonies and have taught me to be the same. My sisters and mom are truly my best friends and are always ready and willing to "step up" whenever they (or help!) is needed. We have a blast together just doing the simplest things (Walmart, anyone?). I can't imagine life without Abbie calling at 8am so we can plan our day, only so our kids can fight and scream and we can ask eachother "why do we do this?". This happens every day, but regardless we just keep going. April usually witnesses all of this, but has older kids and no longer has to deal with her own daily drama's, just ours. Mom participates in these outings when she can and Alys is busy "bringing home the bacon". Robby is such an amazing brother. He's smart, handsome, talented and fun. Rob's always been really in tune with the spirit makes it look so easy to be good! His wife, Steph, is one of the smartest, most articulate people I've ever met. She's beautiful, ambitious, fun, and therefore fits in SO well (ha!ha!). As I said before I absolutely adore my kids and can't imagine life without them. I'm so thankful I get to stay home and don't have to plan my "kid" time around a job. This works well for some, but I hate that I'm missing out on whatever it is they're doing today. I also learn so much from them, as they are sweet, innocent, humble, trusting, and most of all forgiving. They love so unconditionally and appreciate the simplest things (like a popsicle!).
My "thankful" list keeps getting longer and longer as I type, so I'll save some for another day. I recommend to you all if you're having a crappy, "poor me" day, try this! It works!

5 comments:

Colten and Melissa Rogers said...

It really does work... I was having a bad day when I wrote mine and it made me feel so much better!

Steph said...

It is so true. When Jeff and I were going through a hard time when we were unsuccessfully trying to have a baby, everynight we would each say something we were grateful for that day. It really puts things into perspective!

Unknown said...

One of my favorite talks was Pres. Eyrings on being grateful and how he kept a journal of all the things he was thankful. It's such a good idea...don't know why I don't do it?

Bob and Jenn Peacock said...

I love reading your blog Ashlee and you give me a lot of inspiration! I was having a lot of those same feelings today and reading this post made me feel instantly better. :)

Colten and Melissa Rogers said...

They move back last summer and they live in Provo. She is amazing with kids!