CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My house!

It's been a while since I've blogged, so as I'm thinking what I can talk about, I'm drawing a blank! I never realized how uneventful our lives are, but I guess I should just enjoy this temporarily slow pace. My oldest kids are now in softball and baseball so we spend 3 nights a week at the ballpark and the other 2 days at practices. Brylee is walking FINALLY, but still choses to crawl a lot of the time because she's so freakin fast! I've never seen anything like it! This means that on game nights she is filthy! She crawls on the concrete and asphault at the ballpark as if it were a plush, shag carpet and she eats anything and everything in her path (old gum, candy, rocks, dirt- you name it). This means I spend as much time, if not more, chasing her than watching the games. It's still fun and reminds me of my days on the field. I LOVED summers at the ballpark as a player, and now as a spectator.

Anyway, as you see I've finally posted a picture. It's taken from a phone (still having real camera problems) and it's not clear, nor does it do our house justice, but it's all ya get! Since this picture, they've finished the framing, shingles (roof) and almost all the electrical. The plumbing should be done in a week, then they'll start on the siding and brick. I'm loving every minute of this, but unfortunately there are still MANY minutes left until we're done. I've bought several things for decorating purposes, as well as narrowed down my paint colors. The house is about 400 sq. ft. bigger than it was supposed to be, due to more usable space in the attic, so we're going to have a hard time staying within our budget, or should I say we ARE having a hard time staying within budget! Still, this is so much fun and hasn't even been a strain on our marriage, as I had been warned it would be. Jonathan and I are both so excited about this that he works on it every night without complaint, and I juggle kids day and night on my own with some complaint, but not much (I hope!). We're looking forward to August, when this will be done!

I had warned you all that there would be much detail about this process, so I'll just quickly tell you my favorite things about this house.

1- HUGE master bedroom with sitting area and lots of windows with awesome views!
2- 2 story family room with floor to ceiling windows and a second story balcony that raps around the entire room!
3- HUGE bonus room/theater above the garage- perfect for entertaining!
4-Both formal living and dining rooms - once again perfect for entertaining (we love to do this!).
5- Lots of nooks and cranies to decorate.
6- Angled ceilings on the second floor that give each room character.
7- Tons of windows- all with amazing views of the mountains, lake and valley.
8- Lots of storage!

There you have it! Are you so excited?!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Can't wait to see it in person. Hopefully sometime soon!

April said...

I am excited too! It will be beautiful! I worry about the bugs though.

Steph said...

Sounds so awesome! I bet you are super excited!

Colten and Melissa Rogers said...

I am so excited! Sell it and I will move in!!!

Lyric Payne said...

I may just have to stop reading your blog because I may start breaking the 10th commandment! If you don't know what it is...look it up! By the way, can we do spouse swap for a week? You know I love my hubby, but I sure could use a Jonathan around for a little while!

Janean said...

Hey Ashlee, it's Janean. I found your blog through Alys. Congrats on the new house! I want to see it when it is done. I love your work, it will definately be gorgeous!

Sonja said...

I'm so thrilled for your new house. Thanks so much for posting photos and details! Please keep posting them! It's amazing and beautiful!