CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

It's SOLD!








Finally we have an offer (a good one) on our house! After several months on the market we can now relax and enjoy the anticipation of our long-awaited dream home next door. It's funny how these things always work out- you'd think I'd learn to just stop worrying! My family always jokes about how whatever we do in real estate we always come out "smelling like roses". Although it doesn't feel like that at the time and they don't realize all the stress, sweat and tears that go into our projects, they are right- it always works out in the end (knock on wood!). We are definitely risk takers and this property that we're on was SO worth every bit of the anxiety (we bought 30 acres with a home, subdivided, sold 2 lots, building on 1 lot and have only needed to sell the existing house on it's 7.6 acres).




Anyway, I've always kind of felt that there was someone very specific that was going to be my neighbor and took some comfort in the thought that maybe they weren't quite ready to make the move just yet. So true! The couple buying our home currently own and run a girls home. They've had a buyer for this property for a couple of years, but just recently decided they were ready to sell. They just happened to be long-time clients of my moms, she realized we had what they needed, and althought the price was more than they planned to spend, she brought them through and they loved it! Mom saved the day cause the Robertson's were running out of money and they're up to their eyeballs in credit card debt! Thanks Mom! Anyway, not only are they buying the house, they are buying EVERY piece of furniture I own- even the "not so nice" stuff. They're selling the girls home furnished and want to buy this home "as is" with even a lot of the decor- it's perfect. I had hoped to get all new stuff, anyway, and we only had to come down 10K from our asking price (the purchase for the furniture is seperate). We LOVE these people! They are keeping 4 of the foster girls (the nice, safe ones) and one of them has even watched our kids. So nice! Anyway, they are paying cash so this whole transaction is pretty much done and we have a rental home in the ward that's just waiting for us to move in. Anyway, since I never post pics and I happen to have some saved on the computer, her are a few of this monstrocity we've been trying to sell! We've done a lot (I wish I had the befores!) and it really is a very cozy home- just a little dated on the outside. Not much we could do about that without lots of cash!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah....I'm glad the sell is going through. The house looks amazing. I expected it would though. Jonothan does such a great job and you have such a gift of decorating. Congratulations. Oh, we are not coming up this weekend :( Only Sunday to have dinner with my family to celebrate some b-days. We'll have to try again for another weekend.

Lyric Payne said...

congrats. What great timing. Now I see why everyone thought you should just live in it yourselves. I think it is great. I even love the exterior. It as a charm to it. Beautiful land too. I can't wait to see the plans for the new house.

Steph said...

I bet that is such a huge relief! Now you get to shop for new furniture too... I know how you love that!

Bob and Jenn Peacock said...

Congratulations on selling your house! I love that house (looking at all the pictures of it), but I am glad that you guys are able to build a new one that suits you.