CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 14, 2008

Sloooooow dayyyyyyyyy........

YAY! The day has finally arrived that we are moving on to the next step- a rental house! We've nver had to do this- we've just moved from one house to the next- whether our projects were completed or not. Anyway, my post is titled "Slow day" because regardless of all the projects I have going on at home, today I committed to filling in at the furniture store. It's SO dead! No customers in 2 hours- I think the weather must be too nice for shopping. So, for those of you who don't know, I have this awesome relationship with a furniture store- I fill in as needed (once a month, at the most) and get to purchase all my furniture and mattresses AT COST! YAY! So worth it! This is the only way I could ever replace all the furniture I sold with my house, which is no easy task! Too many choices, but they're fun choices to make.

Now about my new house that I promised frequent updates- it's awesome! I like it more than I ever imagined! We felt like we were sacrificing by chosing a smaller plan than we started with, but this house has so much more personality and it's got plenty of space. Anyway, because I can't find the cord to transer pics from camera to computer, I haven't posted any yet. However, I'm happy to say that they are now framing the roof- all interior and exterior walls are finished! It's so much fun to see the actual size of the rooms and picture myself living there. We have a HUGE master bedroom, which was an accident I'm quite happy about. We added 2 feet in length to the original plan, then the concrete guys added another 4 when they poured the footings (the "accident"). Needless to say I couldn't be happier. We've always had small master bedrooms so this is a nice little treat!

I can't blog without saying something about at least one of my kids, can I?! I'm proud to tell you that Logan has been chosen to be a pitcher for his baseball team. This may not sound like a huge deal, however he's never officially played baseball in his life- he's 11! Every summer he's gone back to SC to stay with his grandma, so he's missed baseball season. We decided to keep them (him and Kaleigh) home this summer so he could play. His first practice was Saturday and he had the best arm on the team! He's such a natural athlete I don't know why I worried about him being behind in sports. He catches on real quick! I wish I had a picture, but refer to above.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow...I didn't realize you were already moving on your house. I didn't know you had even broke ground, so congrats!! As for Logan, that is just awsome. You'll have so much fun playing baseball. You have to love it if you are in spanish fork right?

Steph said...

Whatever, you know you love working at the furniture store! Do they have hot chocolate chip cookies and cold diet coke? Oh the memories!

April said...

You know I am glad Logan is staying for the summer to play ball. I dont know what we would do if we didnt have ball games to go to in the summer. Now mom and dad will have 5 different grandkid ballgames to go to. I dont know if they have thought of that. We have all seen how natural Logan is at sports. I am excited to see how it goes.

Sonja said...

Just catching up on your blog Ashlee and I'm loving reading about your house and kids. What a great family you have there! And I can't wait to see pictures of your house. I can't even begin to imagine how exciting that must be! We are STILL renting....so all I can do is dream about it and live vicariously through you :)

The O'Briens said...

The new house is looking amazing. I am so excited to come back from Vegas and see it totally done!!