CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Spring Break!


If this is any kind of preparation for summer, I'm in trouble! I adore my kids and we've had some fun over this past week, but what little down-time there has been between activities has been tough! My older kids are at an age where they really don't like eachother and they've both made it their mission to make the others life miserable (or get the other in trouble!). This has the same miserable effect on me, as well. Jace is at that "annoying little brother" stage (do they ever grow out of this?) and has to be everywhere and do everything the older kids do, and Brylee has become quite spoiled and only wants to play with things the other kids are playing with. It's SO obvious! They'll give her what she wants and find something else for themselves- only to have her reach and whine for their replacement toy. She's become such a stinker! I know we're in trouble with this one- she is so strong willed and stubborn (which is why she's still here). They say her lungs are weak but you would never know that by her screams! Anyway, in spite of my ocassional struggles with my kids and their "stages", I adore them and they are all wonderful! I can't believe how fun and helpful my older ones are, how smart my pre-kindergartner is and how sweet my baby can be. Brylee has been healthy for almost 2 months now and has tons of personality! We all adore her!



Anyway, between all the fighting and tantrums, we managed to get in some fun activities. We went to the petting zoo and Thanksgiving Point with Abbie and fam as well as some friends and their kids. We all had a good time and I highly recommend it to all of you. I was so impressed with my kids and their comfort level around animals. I have my husband to thank for this because I'm quite the opposite around anything stinky and slobbery (except my baby, of course). Even Brylee was petting all the animals while Abbie's kids cried! Poor Abbie! It was a good time.

There were other fun activities throughout the week, but only after moving both Monday and Tuesday. I LOVE MOVING! Strange, I know, but quite liberating just the same. I love knowing I've gotten rid of tons of stuff and I'm moving into something that's absolutely spotless without me having to clean it! This move was actually quite easy, as there was no furniture to move. Anyway, our little rental home is your typical farm house- adorable! It's so cozy and clean with new carpet and paint throughout. The owners are in our ward (so is the house) and we are their first tenants since the remodel. I was able to get started on my furniture shopping out of necessity and purchased a sectional that will go in the bonus room (which is huge!), an informal dining set for the kitchen and a bedroom set that will be Logan's when the house is done. This home we're in temporarily has tons of built-ins, so bedroom stuff was only needed in the master.

OK, once again my post is super long- do any of you even read the whole thing?!

3 comments:

Mitchell Family said...

Of course we read the whole thing! Even though I was either a part of everything you said or at least new about it!
I will be the first to admit that my kids were pretty pathetic at the zoo! How sad is that, my kids are scared of a cow behind metal bars?!

Steph said...

Yep, read the whole thing! Sounds like things have been fun. Ugh, I don't like moving one bit, but you seem to pull it off effortlessly.

LOL, love that you love HGTV too. Must be the furniture saleswomen in us!

Bob and Jenn Peacock said...

I read all of your posts Ashlee! I am glad that Brylee is still doing really good!