CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter!

We had a CHAOTIC Easter at our house this year! As I posted before, I had a lesson to teach in Relief Society on Sunday and because I worried so much about it Saturday night and my topic had absolutely nothing to do with the event we were celebrating, I FORGOT ABOUT THE EASTER BUNNY! We have 9am church, so I look at the clock at 7:30am and yell "we forgot about the Easter Bunny!". Jonathan and I jumped out of bed, searched the house for where I put everything I had purchased, and told our kids they couldn't come out of their rooms yet. Our poor kids- we are the same awful parents that have forgotten the tooth fairy more times than we've remembered! Anyway, because we started packing up our house months ago (it's a long process for us!) we couldn't find all the Easter baskets. Therefore, Logan's was a bucket (that Jace fills with dirt in the summer), Jace's was a toy hard-hat he had in his closet, Brylee's was a toy container used for teaching and storing different shapes, Jonathan and I shared the basket we keep our mail in, and Kaleigh got the only actual Easter basket I could find. Definitely a memorable day, but not necessarily for the right reasons. Unfortunately no matter how many times we discuss the story of the resurrection and the reason we celebrate Easter, I'm thinking my kids don't give it a second thought when I'm done talking. Will they ever grow out of this "what's in it for me?" stage??? I'm sure my parents wondered the same thing so I guess there's hope (or maybe that means there isn't!).

Oh, and by the way, my lesson went very well- thanks, Char and Sonja, for the encouragement! Sonja, to this day you still give the BEST Relief Society lessons I have ever heard, and Charlyn, I'm sure those young women adore you! And congrats on the baby!!!

While I'm posting, I'm sure you're all just dying to know how our new house is progressing. OK, maybe you're not, but I'm dying to tell you! They poured the footings last week and they are pouring the foundation as we speak. They've seen me several times a day over there since they started this project because it's conveniently right next door. I've even chosen and arranged my future furniture! At 3 am last night I narrowed down my paint colors because I couldn't sleep- this is how my life will be until it's finished! It's all likely to change, but it's fun to have some ideas to work with and who needs sleep, anyway?! I'll post some pics after the foundation is completed. Fun stuff!

And now for a Jace "funny". Last night Jonathan was teasing him and Jace got pinched. He yelled "DAD!", Jonathan said "it was an accident", and Jace said "no, accidents are when you poop and pee!". Crude, but hilarious- at least at the time!

4 comments:

Sara said...

Sounds like you had a crazy Easter, i bet it turned out great, though.

Kids just say the funniest things, don't they?

It sounds like you have a million things going on, how do you keep up?

Lyric Payne said...

I'm sure your lesson was fabulous. You are a great teacher. I think you were a R.S. teacher when we lived together, or maybe I was...I can't remember! I am so excited for your house. We are going to come down to Utah to visit family and friends in July, so hopefully you will have something to show me by then. Get working Jonathan!! I'm sure that's not a problem!

April said...

I know I dont really need to comment on this since I already knew all about all of it right after it happened, but I just got to say I dont remember the tooth fairy ever being late when we were little. What is wrong with us? I already told you my easter story. You were made to teach, and be in charge of a conversation.haha I know it went well. I want to come to the next one.

Steph said...

Hi there. I am sure that your lesson was awesome ... everything you do is awesome Ashlee!! Hope everything is going well.