CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

We're home!

Yes, it's true- after just 5 days in the hospital with RSV (which is less than the amount of time we were in for just a cold!) Brylee was able to come home. Boy was she happy! I couldn't get her to take a nap all day yesterday because she just wanted to play, play, play! Logan and Kaleigh were just as excited to come home from school and find both mom and baby back! Our older kids are so wonderful when it comes to dealing with the unstability that seems to define their lives this past year. They just adore Brylee and think that everything about her is perfect. It's a great example of "unconditional love"- the way we feel about our children and ocassionally siblings feel about each other.

Speaking of kids (which is all most of us blog about!), I now am a believer in family scripture study. We have NEVER been consistent about this until Pres. Hinckley died and we heard about the "Hinckley Challenge". We've since fallen way behind in this lofty goal we set, but have managed to faithfully read several times a week. Still I've wondered how much my kids are getting from this because the seem so bored and distracted. A typical night of reading for us consists of Kaleigh twisting her hair and trying to braid it, Logan staring out the window looking for pheasants in the yard, Jace climbing on everyones back trying to play "buckin bulls", Brylee trying to escape so she can play in the toilet or empty cupboards and drawers, and Jonathan falling asleep. All of this is going on while I read and discuss everything we've read by myself. Sound familiar? Well, for FHE this week, we were unprepared so I decided that we were all going to tell our favorite story from the scriptures we've read so far. I was surprised when they each came up with a very descriptive account. Kaleigh impressed us the most with an extra long version of Nephi getting the plates from Laban. Yes, I realize that they learn these things in Primary, too, however when asked immediately after church each week what they talked about, I get the same "I don't remember" from all 3 of them. Plus all of their stories really were things we've read recently and not just random scripture stories, which tells me they're learning. Who would've thought?!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's always surprising to me what little ones learn and retain. Warner learns so much in nursery and tells us about Jesus and Pres. Hinkley. Which they are working on Monson now!! Kids just amaze me.

Sonja said...

WOw I sure loved reading this. And good for you for sticking with it. I probably would have given up! This inspired me! Thanks!