CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A day in the life...




I've decided that if I'm blogging for posterity sake, I should probably post just everyday things, rather than wait until I have something important to say. This is also as close to scrap booking as I'll ever get (is it true that you can print your blog off in scrap book form?) so if my kids ever want proof that I actually raised them and even ocassionally took pictures, this is it!


As stressful and hectic as building this new house has been, I realized last night just how "uneventful" our lives around here are! While poor Jonathan was slaving away on the awesome back-splash in our new kitchen, Jace and Brylee were playing in the tub, Kaleigh was loungin on the love sac (KSL $125- what a steal!) and Logan was heading into the kitchen for a snack. Prior to this, we all were doing homework and eating dinner. Can you say B-O-R-I-N-G! This is why I don't post more often. Brylee's latest accomplishments and discoveries are about the extent of the excitement around here so here they are ...

1- She has realized that throwing food on the floor in the kitchen is pretty easy to clean up so she turns around in her high chair and aims for the carpeted living room that's behind her.

2- She's also learned that if she opens the drawers in the bathroom, she can stand on them and reach the counter (where my make-up often ends up). She's managed to paint her face with mascara and the ottoman with lipgloss, as well as cover her face and arms with moisture cream.

3- My mom once hid her phone down her shirt to keep Brylee from playing with it so now Brylee's hand often goes strait for my cleavage, thinking she's going to find some treasure down there.

4- She loves her shoes and says "sooz" before I can even get her out of bed.

5- If you tell her to smile she gives you this huge, cheesy, FAKE grin that we all think is hilarious!

6- She has a thing for q-tips and will stick one in each ear then leave them there for hours at a time.

7- She's VERY independent and won't take a bite of anything if she isn't holding the spoon. She also won't hold your hand in a parking lot, won't drink from sippy cups, frequently dumps her food on her tray and sticks her bowl/plate on her head, and last but not least she unloads the dishwasher faster than I can load it. I'm sure she thinks she's helping!


Of course I could go on and on and will probably think of even funnier things once I've posted this, but I've gotta go.


We are so close to finishing this house that I'm going to wait and post the finished product! For those of you who care, just give me a couple of weeks.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ash....you can print your blog. I've gotten mine all ready just need to order it. Not sure if it's scrapbook format, but it's a book. You can do it at blurb.com. I'll tell you how it turns out. I just did all of last years stuff and will do this years in Jan. Anyway....your kids are darling as always. That little one just keeps you hoppin'

Bob and Jenn Peacock said...

Ashlee, you life is anything but boring! I love to read what is going on with you all.

Steph said...

Your kids are getting so big! I bet you are so excited about your house ... can't wait to see pics and hear about it. Hope all is well. I love reading about your family.