CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My little kindergartner!


It's been about 2 weeks since that emotional (for me, anyway) 1st day of school for my Jace. Can I just say that if I didn't have Brylee keeping me on my toes every waking moment I'd STILL be emotional about this whole big boy/big school thing! As it is she doesn't give me time to think about it! As for Jace, he unfortunately already dreads the homework, but absolutely loves recess and the bus! In fact, when I went to pick him up the first day, the first thing he said when he saw me was "MOM! I'M RIDING THE BUS!". Needless to say the apron strings have been cut whether I like it or not! How did this happen? He also said "I was so good I didn't even have to go to the principal's office!". I'm wondering how he would even know that's where you go when you AREN'T good- hmmmmm......

We went to lunch with a little girl from his class and her mom the other day. The mom helps in the classroom once a week and told me how friendly Jace is. This was no surprise. He'll talk to anyone (even adults) and his most common questions are "what's your name", "are you 5 like me?", and "what are you doing here?". This last question is kind of rude, however that's not at all how he means it, he just wants to know! He told me today that he has a new friend and he's "a REAL cowboy, mom- he REALLY is!". Speaking of cowboys, one of Jonathan's friends told Jace he was a contractor- just like his (Jace's) dad. Jace said "no way- my dad's a cowboy!". He's so much fun and hopefully not too much trouble for his teacher!
Next post will be about my almost finished new house...I know you all can't wait for that!

6 comments:

Bob and Jenn Peacock said...

The first day of kindergarten is always hard! He is sweet and social just like his mom. :)

Colten and Melissa Rogers said...

I know the I will be an emotional reck when Gwyn goes to kindergarten. I have a hard time when she spends the night at LeeAnns and she live 3 minutes away, plus she is family. Leaving her with stangers doesn't sound like an easy task. You are doing really great!

Unknown said...

What a cute boy he is. Sounds like he's headstrong and independent like his momma!

Steph said...

Holy cow the time flies fast!! He is sure growing up.

Randi said...

Ashlee, yes, we need to talk nursing. I'd love to know what your plan is. I'm registered for and taking a CNA course in Nov that runs thru the end of Feb. My hope is for now to get on with the hospital part-time, at night, in a patient care-tech position. I can't do anything full-bore as far as school is concerned until Nicklaus is at least in kinder (4 years). So I'm hoping to work in the field a little until then, get my foot in the door and hopefully make going for my RN in a couple of years easier when the kids are older. We'll see...call me sometime. 798-1255

Sonja said...

I can't even imagine what it will be like to send my little boy to Kindergarten. I sure love reading your experiences about it! Jace sounds like a smart, fun, and friendly little boy who will do great at school!

And please don't stop posting about your house. I love seeing the progress and am so excited for you!

One more thing...we made up a short list of boy names for the new little one and Jace is #3 on the list...hope that's ok with you! We really like it!