CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 21, 2008

TWILIGHT!

I'm sure this is the most common blog-subject today among all female-bloggers over the age of 15 so I guess I'll just hop on the bandwagon! A brief descrption of how our Twilight premier night came to be...

I knew I wanted to go to Twilight the moment I saw it advertised at good ol' Spanish 8 and called my mom and sisters immediately. Mom was all over it (for those who don't know her, she is the coolest, most hip and fun mom I know (myself, included)). Abbie later somewhat happily agreed, Alys finally said "OK" and April, after pondering how this would affect her schedule and whether she could stay up that late (she the super-planner, ultra-organized and not-so-sponteneous O'Brien girl- Love ya, Ape!) eventually said "I guess", so we got our tickets. The day before, I got a text from Abbie asking if I'm sure I want to go and April had her regrets as well and even I was doubting my ability to stay awake, but we stuck to our guns and went.

Sooooo....we get there and all of us are exhausted and wondering what we got ourselves into! We get our seats and because we were so early (it was about 11:20ish) started passing our goodies around. Mom and Ape had said they'd bring some candy so April tells us she brought 2 boxes to share and mom said she brought us each 1 mini Nestle Crunch. Are you kidding, mom?! We all were laughing so hard that she had this HUGE bag of candybars at home, and yet brought us each just 1! First she said it was because she was trying to watch what she ate (and apparently what WE ate, as well), then she said she could only fit that many in the pocket of her purse, then she finally admitted that she was pretty proud of herself for thinking to bring any at all and thought that 1 was quite generous. Well, the jokes started from there and continued until the end of the movie ("So if I take 1 tiny bite every 20 minutes, I might have enough to last me until the end of the movie!", and "hey everybody- I have Reeses Pieces- take some but only give mom 1." and so on and so forth. Maybe you had to be there, but we laughed up until the movie started (which wasn't until about 12:30, due to complications and a false fire alarm!).

Now about the movie- loved it! The actor/character choices were spot on, even though Edward, at times, was a little wierd and not as attractive as I had pictured (which surprisingly didn't bother me at all). There were a couple of cheesy parts, but a book about teenage vampires- what do you expect?! I also heard some say there were a few things done out of order, but I hadn't read the first one in a while and didn't notice or care. Definitely worth seeing and not at all a disappointment as far as books-made-into-movies go.

I think the best part of going out last night was being with 4 of my most favorite people in the world. As we were laughing so hard before the movie started, I looked down the row and thought "I love this!". I love the fact that my closest friends all live within 10 minutes of me and I get to see and talk to them every day. I love that we have a mom who is so much fun, taught us well and raised us to love eachother and enjoy being together. I love the way we all just indulge eachother in the ways we each, at times, need to be indulged (maybe "tolerated" is a better word). I love the way we make going to Walmart and everywhere else a "group effort" and actually have fun doing it (when kids aren't making fun IMPOSSIBLE!). I could go on and on.

So then I get home at 2:30, Jonathan wakes up and we talk for a minute, then just as we're about to go to sleep, Jace stumbles in, saying he had a bad dream. He climbs in bed and snuggles up to us, and tells us about dinosaurs, aliens, and other things I can't remember. He literally falls asleep mid-sentence and as I'm laughing to myself at my cute, sweet little boy, I once again think "I love this!". I love my kids and all the things that are unique and special about each one of them. I love my husband and the way he reads for hours to Brylee because he knows she loves it. I love my house (how could I leave this out!) and this wonderful area inside this wonderful country in which I live. I love that my sweet little girl has been healthy for almost a 5 month stretch now (a record for her!). I love that I have the Gospel, which brings me guidance, peace, hope, comfort, understanding, and purpose. So much to be thankful for and I feel so very aware of those things this Thanksgiving season.

Life is good- even if we do have to put up with Barrack Obama for the next 4 years (you should've known that was coming!).

PS Still needing a few of your email addresses (and also stalling from the challenge of figuring out how to actually "go private"!).

6 comments:

The O'Briens said...

Let me just say, I LOVE April for being the practical planner who is not so spontaneous...otherwise, I'd be all alone in the O'Brien clan!! She makes me feel better when I'm being a little bit on the uptight side. :) I'm excited to see the movie, but planning on not loving it like I love the books. Maybe I can convince Robby to go with me since I have no females in Vegas to go with me!

Your family really is the best (tied with mine of course). I have so much fun when we get together!

Lyric Payne said...

I think I should have been there! I would have brought Twizzlers and you all could have had as many pieces as you wanted!

Jeff. Nikki. Keizya. Reila. said...

It's true, the O'Brien girls are some of the best to hang out with. You girls are a big reason why I still miss not having sisters growing up...but that's what sister-in-laws are for right? And good friends. I'm glad to hear the movie was good. We're gonna try to go in Park City this weekend, they don't sell tickets online, so we're crossing our fingers we get tickets. Probably not though.

Mitchell Family said...

That seriously just made me cry! I have to agree completely! How sad for those that don't get to experience these O'Brien girl moments!

Deb O said...

The funniest part about the mini candy bars and only bringing 1 per person is...I really never even CONSIDERED bringing more! That sounds dumb but it's true!I don't eat candy that often so I thought one was enough. I obviously WASN'T thinking...which tends to happen too often. It did provide a lot of laughs-in fact, I couldn't quit.
Ash,you are so right, we are all very blessed to have each other and enjoy each others company. I can't wait until Robby and Steph are here, not to mention the baby. I'm the luckiest mom and grandma in the world!

April said...

Wow, you really did appreciate my sacrifice of staying up late and messing up my whole nightly scheduel(and next day since I was so thrown off)just to go to a teenage chicflic! I feel the same though.