CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Jace turns 5!











I'm posting this a little late, seeing as how his birthday was July 8, but I just realized I hadn't blogged about it yet. I'm also posting pictures stolen off of my brother, Robby's, blog and they're not even of Jace's B-day, but our campling day the week before. Oh well- pictures are pictures! Anyway, my sweet (and sometimes "not so sweet") Jace turned 5 this month! Where did all that time go??? It's funny how kids anticipate this special day, only to have it over so quickly. Jace has been talking about his birthday and chosing his presents for about 6 months now- literally. Every time he sees something on TV, in the store, etc. he'll ask "can I have that for my birthday?". We, of course, say "sure, Jace" knowing he'll forget it in about 5 minutes. He's already started his wish list for next year.

Anyway, although he does get caught up in the gift-receiving, he is so grateful for everything. Jace was super excited and animated about all his gifts and always remembered to say thanks. He is so much fun and absolutely hilarious! He's also very random and is known for asking questions like "where are dinosaurs buried" in the middle of a conversation about his primary class, the weather- anything not at all related to the subject of dinosaurs. He talks SO much and has the most inquisitive mind! Jace is very smart and thinks things through. He remembers everything you say and will remind you if you ever forget. He's also an absolute sweetheart. Out of the blue he'll come up to me, give me a hug and say "I love you, mom. You're cute!" and then he's off again! He loves to play with his tractors, building blocks, and of course his skateboard (he's awesome on this thing!). He also loves animals, water, and dirt (not necessarily in that order!). He's a wonderful brother to all his siblings (most of the time) and even lets Brylee pick on him. I think he must subconciously realize it's paybacks for the torture she endured from him her first year!

OK, enough bragging, I just wanted to tell you all what a great kid I have and if I get around to it I might even post some pictures of his super fun b-day party. Happy Birthday, Jace! We love you!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

5 already? He is sucha cute kid. Hope you had a happy birthday Jace!

Colten and Melissa Rogers said...

I am excited and impressed to see some pictures on your blog. Did you find your camera cord?

Ashlee said...

Melissa- No, my bro took them when we all were up camping. He posted them on his blog and I copied them! I'm such a slacker!

Colten and Melissa Rogers said...

Well that works too!

Lookhart Photography said...

it was so great to hear from you ashlee! you seem very busy too! i'm excited about your house.... is it ready to move into yet? make sure you take pictures of that! and i cannot get over that jace is 5!!! where does the time go!!!! i hope all is well with you and your family!