CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 14, 2008

New tricks!

Aren't kids just amazing? I get so sappy when it comes to my littlest because of all her struggles, but this post isn't about that, we are going to discuss (or I'll discuss- you'll read) her wonderful accomplishments (or "milestones" as the doctor calls them). Actually I think I'll discuss some "Brylee funnies" instead. That's what makes this time so much fun for us! Here's a list of what she's doing now...
* She crawls faster than most people walk- I'm not kidding! She chases me around the kitchen while I sweep because she's fascinated with my pile of junk on the floor and wants to play in it.
I have to resort to confining her to her high chair so I can get some things done. Then I have to give her a snack to keep her occupied, which she drops and throws all over the floor that I'm sweeping, looks at me with her big, blue eyes, and says "aw ooooo" just as sweet and innocent as can be. As if dropping it was an accident!
* She stacks food on top of her head. This is absolutely hilarious! Athough most kids somehow end up with food in the hair, it's usually because they had it on their hands and touched their head. Brylee will pick up a handfull at a time (crackers, fruit snacks, spaghetti, mac and cheese, etc.) and stack it on top of her head. It eventually falls off and ends up on her clothes, in her ears and of course all over the floor and she'll once again say "aw ooooo". This means lots of mopping, bathing, and laundry, but it's so funny I don't even mind! I'll post some pics of this later.
* She wakes up at 7am on the dot every morning, lays in her crib (she doesn't even sit up or stand) and yells "UP!" over and over until someone gets her. Once she's out of her crib she points to where she wants to go (which in the morning is towards her door, but she does this all day long). We bring her in on our bed, where she sits and bounces herself on her behind so high she falls forward on her face, and then she laughs. Then she'll want to get down on the floor so she can crawl into Jace's room and grab at his face or hit him until he wakes up. She does this every morning without fail. Our Brylee is definitely a morning person!
* She loves to go outside. This is a problem because of the freezing cold weather, but we'll take her out ocassionally for a few minutes at a time. If you ask her if she wants to go outside, she gets all excited, starts wiggling around and breathing fast, then she waves goodbye at whoever is in the room and points towards the door. She loves the animals and has no fear of petting even our biggest horse.
* She likes to nod and shake her head really fast. I think she enjoys this because it makes her dizzy, then she laughs. Either she just thinks she's funny or she likes being disoriented- I'm not sure which.
* She is super stubborn and feisty! Her tantrums are so intense! She'll either dig at your face or her own when she doesn't get her way. If she's on the floor, she'll throw her head down- regardless of the table or hardwood floor in front of her, and scream (and not just because of the pain!). This isn't quite as fun as the other things, but it's some insight into her personality so I'm sharing it with you- plus it can be funny at times.
* When she's on a hard, flat surface she spins herself around in circles on her butt. If I'm in the kitchen, I'll sit her on the counter and she'll use her feet to spin her around and she giggles the entire time. She's quite proud of this trick! This is extra fun when the older kids are sitting at the bar because she knows she's entertaining them so she spins even faster and laughs harder.
* Last, but not least she gives kisses all the time. Sometimes you don't even have to ask, she'll just lean forward and plant one on ya!

Of course there's more, but this post is long enough. I am enjoying her so much! I have such a bad memory that I don't remember half the things Jace would do at this age. My mom says I was just as gushy and crazy about him as I am Brylee, but because I've forgotten and there was no such thing as "blogging" 4 years ago, I feel like I'm experiencing these things for the first time. Maybe a bad memory isn't such a bad thing! It keeps life exciting! I'll post some pictures as soon as I get my camera back because I realize that is the most important part of blogging. I just felt like bragging this morning.

6 comments:

Sara said...

Ashlee, I found your blog through Charlyn's. I love this. You little girls are too cute. It's nice to keep updated with old friends.

Bob and Jenn Peacock said...

I can't wait to see the pictures! Give her a hug for me.

The O'Briens said...

I LOVE these stories. She is so funny. I was cracking up when she was so suddenly scared of Clint. When she cries you can't help but want to fall all over yourself to make her happy again. Your children are beautiful. Jace couldn't have been funnier all covered in green chalk on Sunday night. (I'll have Robby get the picture to you.) I hope that you are feeling better.

Becky said...

Ash, Hola! Thanks for your comment, that was so fun to get. I might get into blogging too, I don't email so this is cool. I'm glad your family is doing well. You have sure been through it, wow. Count our blessings. Tell everyone hello! It was 75 degrees today! Hope to make it up this spring. Becky

Lyric Payne said...

Sorry I haven't commented yet. I have this website called google reader that tells me when any of my linked blogs are updated, and I thought I had added you in there, but I hadn't. I had written you off the blogging scene, kind of like April! It's good to know you're still around! I really loved reading all your blogs. Your kids are so cute with such great personalities. I'm pretty sure we are coming down to Utah in June or July to visit lots of different people, some of the most important being the O'Brien clan. I am so excited to finally meet Brylee.

Steph said...

Isn't it so much fun to see all the funny things they do and to watch them develop? Cute stories.