CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 26, 2009

Update

I'm not even going to apologize or try to explain my absence by saying any more that you will find in this update. I'm sure that will be explanation enough!

So 2 months condensed into 1 post- this will be tough! Brylee turned 2 on Dec. 1st and we had a super fun B-day part with family and friends. She got lots of fun stuff and entertained us all as she discovered all she could do with her new toys. She has been healthy and hospital-free since June and we have high hopes for her health from this point on. Brylee is absolutely hilarious and keeps us laughing ALL THE TIME! She loves make-up, shoes, and clothes (I think we're in trouble!) and we always rush to find her the second we canno longer hear her because she's always in trouble. She's more destructive than any of my kids have been but she's so funny about what's a mom to do?! She's also really sweet, kind of a bully, definitely a stinker, and always surprising us with things we don't think she knows. We absolutley adore her!

We had an awesome Christmas in our new home, filled with lots of parties (4 total!) and for the first time everybody fit! Our kids have loved having their own rooms and a big playroom to entertain all their cousins and friends. It's been so nice to have an afult space and a kids space so everyone's happy. I really will post pictures someday.

I turned 36 Jan. 8! I'm still not real thrilled about it, but feel some consolation that I don't FEEL 36 at all. In fact I can't tell you how many times I'll meet someone and think they are my age, only to find out they're 25! This isn't because I think they look older, it's because I FEEL (not necessarily look) younger!

Logan turned 12 Jan. 21 and received the Aaronic Priesthood. It was an awesome event- so big (as far as we were concerned) that his grandparents, aunts, and cousins flew here from South Carolina to celebrate this special occasion. They stayed for a week, in which we went swimming, to the dinosaur museum, had parties and big family dinners, went sledding in our fields behind the 4-wheeler, and just enjoyed spending time with them. Logan had a good day. He's such a good kid- very obedient, kind and helpful. He loves riding horses more than anything else. We sure do love him!

Last, but not least (and the main reason not blogging) I'm back in school! I've been thinking about this a lot the past few months and decided to go into nursing. I'm going to Utah State, but it's an extension program through Provo College. I have a year of pre-req's and will start the nursing program next January. Abbie and I are doing this together, which helps a ton! I've never had to really try to do well in school like I'm having to try now! Even with 2 years of previous college (which no longer counts) I feel like I've never done this before! It's a challenge juggling school and kids but will be well worth it!

Jonathan and I are celebrating 7 years of wedded bliss today! My how time flies! We've had some fantastic adventures, as well as difficult struggles, but it's been good times for the most part. He never reads my blog so it would be pointless to have some message for him in this post, but he's a great husband and father and I adore him!

That's it in a nutshell. I really will try and post more often but no promises!

9 comments:

Bob and Jenn Peacock said...

Wow! You really have been busy! Congratulations on going back to school! I am so excited for you! Also, happy anniversary! You guys have been through a lot and have many wonderful blessings to celebrate.

Steph said...

Yay! So happy to see an update, I've missed reading about your life. That is awesome about going back to school, but super busy I am sure. I may be in SLC in the end of Feb and would love to get together if we can make it work. Good luck with everything!

Amy @MoMomma said...

I'm glad you did an update Ashlee! Congrats on going back to school- I've often thought about going back to school for nursing- learning all of that nursing lingo from the NICU and lil Austin's visits to the hospital makes me think I could do it - I KNOW You can too!!! Keep up the good work and be sure to blog about your school experience- I want to hear how its going!

Deb O said...

You should tell everyone how well you and Abbie are doing! They have both had very high scores on their tests so far! Bob and I are so proud of them. Now,if I can only keep their schedules straight and remember when it's my turn to tend and which grandkids I'm tending...Love, Mom

Colten and Melissa Rogers said...

Good for you! Going back to school is so hard, but so rewarding in the end.

Lyric Payne said...

As Maxwell and Sophie would say, "what the?" That is so crazy that you and Abbie are going back to school. I can just picture the both of you in cute little matching scrubs!! What a change, but great job being your adventurous self.

The Marrott Family said...

Congrats Ashlee on going back to school! That is awesome! I am sorry I missed your open house. I planned on going and the day got away from me. For the record I am the worst blogger, not you! Mine is practically non existent, but we finally have a new computer and so I am resolving to do better! Good luck in school!

Robby said...

If I wasn't your brother, I would think you and your family fell off the face of the earth...

kinley said...

hey ash its kinley i have a blog now